In case you might have not heard of it; Gutenberg is a whole new way to use WordPress Editor. However if you are like me who find the Gutenberg complicated; you can as well switch to the old classic editor for the main time.
This article shows how you can disable Gutenberg and switch to old Classic Editor. Furthermore; you’ll also get to see how you can switch from Classic Editor back to Gutenberg.
The new Gutenberg editing experience was initially made as a plugin before the release of the latest WordPress. However after the release of WordPress 5.0; Gutenberg editor became the default editing tool.
This new editing tool which according to Matt is built for rich pages and posts received a critical view from WordPress users who claim that the editing tool is a little bit complicated.
If you belong to one of those WordPress users who finds the Gutenberg complicated to use; you can switch to the old Classic Editor Tool instead for the main time.
In this Post
Disabling Gutenberg and Using Classic Editor on WordPress
To Disable Gutenberg on your WordPress; Simply
- Login to your WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Go to Plugins >> Featured
- Install the Classic Editor Plugin
- Activate the Plugin and you’re good to go!
By Installing and activating this Classic Editor tool on your site; you’ll be able to use the previous Classic editor and old-style Edit Post screen on your site.
HOW DO I SWITCH BACK TO Gutenberg Editor Tool?
Whenever you deem fit ready; you can always bounce back to use the Gutenberg Editor tool. Perhaps you wanted to practice the Gutenberg tool and see how it works or maybe you just wanted to start using it officially.
For whatever choices you decided to use Gutenberg for; you can easily switch back to Gutenberg Editor Tool by following the steps below;
- Login to your Blog Dashboard
- Go to Settings >> Writing
- Change Default Editing For All Users to Block Editor
- Scroll down and click on Save Changes
And that’s all you need to know about disabling Gutenberg and using the Classic Editor Tool. If you want to see how Gutenberg works; you can checkout Gutenberg Official WordPress Page.
NOTE – The Classic Editor plugin is available only till the year 2021. Hence it is recommended you practice using the Gutenberg till before then.
People also search for:
- wordpress 5.0.1 gutenberg editor switch off
- wordpress classic editor
- wordpress gutenberg
- wordpress 5.0 classic editor
- wordpress switch back to classic editor
- wordpress classic editor plugin
- wordpress 5.0 release date
- wordpress plugins classic editor
- gutenberg wordpress training