The Internet gold rush! From 1992 to number of visionary people went on to register lots of .com domain names. These domain names turned them into millionaires when they resold later. Here’s a list of the top 25 most expensive domains ever sold.
Most likely, the highest priced domain name is under a non-disclosure agreement so nobody except the buyer and seller know the price.
Of those domain name sales that are public, there are many lists. Some include content/websites/businesses while others are purely domain name sales.
This is the Correct and updated List for Highly valuable domain names.
- Cars .com for $872.3 million in May 2017
- Business .com – $345 million
- LasVegas .com sold for $90 million in Nov 2015
- CarInsurance .com – $49,7 million: in 2010
- Insurance .com for $35.6 million in July 2010
- VacationRentals .com for $35 million in 2007
- PrivateJet .com for $30.18 million in February 2012
- Insure .com for $16 million in October 2009
- Sex .com for $13 million in October 2010
- Hotels .com for $11 million in 2001
- Fund .com for $9.99995 million in October 2007
- Porn .com for $9.5 million in May 2007
- Shoes .com for $9 million in April 2017
- Porno .com for $8.888888 million in February 2015
- FB .com for $8.5 million in November 20101
- Formula1 .com for $8.5 million in 2002
- We .com for $8 million in June 2015
- Business .com for $7.5 million in December 1999
- Diamond .com for $7.5 million in May 2006
- Beer .com for $7 million in 1998
- Z .com for JPY800 million ($6.784 million) in November 2014
- Casino .com for $5.5 million in October 2003
- Slots .com for $5.5 million in May 2010
- Toys .com for $5.1 million in 2009
- Korea .com for $5 million in January 2000